BVCC Missions presents Lifeline Meal-Packing for Haiti
There are growing hunger needs around the world … and you can be part of the solution!
Lifeline has found a safe way for families and groups to pack meals! It can Involve all ages and abilities. By following COVID–19 protocols, you can safely be a part of this vital ministry.
Register and pay (or fundraise) $25 per person and make a difference:
- For a day and time to pack in the church gymnasium, with your family or cohort.
- Invite your friends and family to sponsor you.
- Donate, if you are unable to attend, but wish to support this amazing ministry.
Email [email protected] to volunteer to help set–up/clean–up/support the meal packers.
|Saturday, October 24|
|Shift Times||Shift Times||Shift Times||Shift Times|
|2:00 – 3:00||3:30 – 4:30||5:00 – 6:00||6:30 – 7:30|
|2:30 – 3:30||4:00 – 4:30||5:30 – 6:30||7:00 – 8:00|
|Sunday, October 25|
|Shift Times||Shift Times||Shift Times|
|2:30 – 3:30||4:00 – 4:30||5:30 – 6:30|
|3:00 – 4:00||4:30 – 5:30||6:00 – 7:30|
Come and join us in unleashing love on this world!
If you do not want to help pack food but would like to help with making the event run, we have a number of areas needed to be filled at different times during the day:
- Setup: Meet at ABC to help us load the supplies and bring them to Bow Valley. Then help us unload at Bow Valley and setup the tables and stations
- Table Captains: People familiar with the Meal Packing process (or willing to quickly learn). They will take the participants from registration, to their table and get them started. They will answer questions they might have and also help explain the clean up process.
- Dish Washing: Between each shift, we take the items that the participants worked with (scoops, cups, funnels etc) and replace them with clean ones. We then take the ones they use and wash and dry them for the next shift.
- Runners: Going around and refilling rice, beans and other supplies. Also taking finished boxes to a central location and stacking them. You must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Clean-up: Helping to pack up all the supplies and finished boxes after the event and load them onto the truck. Then meeting us at ABC to unload the supplies and boxes into our storage containers.
Just click on the Setup Position button to register for one of the above positions or click on Register for meal packing to donate for meal, or sign up for a meal packing time-slot.